Thursday, February 7, 2013

One problem to another....


Yall, let me tell you something I am some kind of aggravated right now. Take a  look at the top of my dresser in my bedroom, yes the stain is coming off and no its not a DIY project gone bad, this was definitely not planned......



See what had happened was I left one of these laying on top of my dresser




and it leaked and stripped the stain off
I can not believe that this stuff is so powerful that it can remove stain, I mean seriously we have been breathing this stuff in day in and day out
Don't get me wrong I love the smell, but really it took the stain off my dresser
What am I to do to fix it, I have no clue
so, I'm doing what any good girl would do to fix a blemish
Cover it up



I moved my thrifted tray with my perfumes and lotions closer to the front of the dresser and tried to forget the problem exist
Any suggestions on how to fix this....and now what in the world am I going to use to keep my house smelling wonderful, Decisions, Decisions, Decisions......

If its not one thing its another, it seems like I cross one item off the to-do list and something else replaces it, do you ever feel like that

My necklaces have been hanging out getting tangled in one of these jewelery bag organizers


I thought I took a picture of my actual organizer with all the mess, but I can not find it,  and I'm too lazy to get up and take another one, just imagine a big mess. OK you got a visual, great

I decided that I would DIY a cork board since I couldn't find one already assembled that was pretty and cheap

I found the cork sheet at Lowes Home Improvement for approximately 10.00, the frame was in my pile of "stuff", you've got a pile of "stuff" too, right...

First I laid out the backing from the frame and cut the cork to size


Then I took some burlap fabric from the same stash of "stuff", cut to size and wrapped the cork board


Popped it in the frame and Viola....a pretty cork board



Uh, I don't think so
It looked HORRIBLE because the burlap was wrinkled and all bunched up
So I went back to my stash and found the extra fabric from my tablecloth drapes and decided I would make do until I find what I really want





I really think the brown in the fabric looks fantastic with the brown frame
Added some sewing pins, hung my necklaces and called it a night





I still think I want to change the fabric to a beige linen so that the necklaces are more visible
Let me know what you think
and if you have any ideas on how to fix the dresser please let me know

Linking up over at

4 comments:

  1. I love the necklace holder! I hang my necklaces on some hooks in my closet, but I don't really have enough room to hang them, to be honest. I wish I had room for something like that!

    Too bad about the dresser! I have no idea how you could fix it besides stripping and re-staining the whole thing, which would be a huge hassle :(

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knocked one of the oil fragrance jars off the top of the cabinet in my bathroom and it took the paint off the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I'm in desperate need of organizing my jewelry...I hardly know what I do and don't have. I had been thinking of hanging shelves and trying fancy trays and stands but geez, this looks much easier!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...