Monday, February 11, 2013

Master Bathroom Updates Take 2 or 3

I found the perfect shower curtain for my Master Bathroom
but on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond for $14.98

Here is a reminder of what was hanging up before
not U-G-L-Y, but its kind of bland if you ask me





I wanted something with a little more color
I think this gives me a lot of color without being in your face bright




but.....
I have no idea what to put on this big ole wall of blue 
with an el chepo towel rack
that the builders didn't even center on the wall
oh, and did I mention that the towel rack is attached to a piece of wood that's attached to the wall
totally appealing, right......

 

you see the wood strip I'm talking about
its like they forgot to do something and decided to come up with an "easy" fix
but guess what the other 3 bathrooms have the same wood strip with towel bar
and I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL, it just looks like a mistake made by a man who didn't even care that it doesn't look "right" (that sounded sexist didn't it)
stepping off my soapbox now

Whats a person to do with a design dilemma?
Of course, go to Pinterest and look spend all day pinning ideas

Look what I found in my Bathroom Board
a big ole blank bathroom wall before
transformed by installing board and batten
The perfect answer to my design dilemma!!!!




Source: homegoods.com via Ches on Pinterest



With the help of a friend
the blue wall is transforming
its amazing what a little bit of architectural woodwork will do for a space


 It looks a little yucky at the moment
you can still see the outline of the block of wood that was holding the towel rack
we gotta add some more putty, resand, and paint

I'M SOOOO EXCITED 
Stay tuned for the completed project.........

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh! It's looking good! I can't wait to see it once it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paneling! It makes such a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new shower curtain! Adding the paneling was such a good idea. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...