Sunday, June 26, 2011

DIY Mirror for only $1.00

 

Since Joi showed her gorgeous wall display using ceiling medallions I have been on the look out for them every where I go.  So imagine my excitement when I purchased two of them at a yard sale for only $1.00, yeah I did a little happy dance.

My initial thought was to copy Joi and create a entire wall of various medallions, but considering it has taken me a longggg time to find two inexpensive ones, I opted for something a little different.

 

011

Can you tell what I did?  Yep, I glued the smaller medallion to the larger one and added a mirror, so so simple.

  002

Since I was really trying to be cheap frugal with this project.  I used a old tray mirror from when I use to sell Mary Kay instead of spending a few bucks at the craft store on a “real” mirror. I just hot glued it to the back of the large medallion.

001

 

Hot glued the two pieces together, and there you go a $1.00 mirror for my Master Bedroom.

 

007

 

It looks perfect hanging above the bed, now I just need to DIY a headboard of some sort.

 

005

 

My Master bedroom has come a long way, and I’m hoping to tackle a few more projects in this space real soon.

4 comments:

  1. looks fantastic! Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you just LOVE it when you find what you're looking for at a garage sale? Most things you need in life can be found in someone else's junk. haha! :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It looks so romantic. I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea!! I love that you used a mirror you already had - can't beat a $1 project!! I've also considered using small medallions as picture frames. Hopefully I can find some inexpensive ones soon, too! Great job!!

    www.freestylinbeth.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...