Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Organizing my Ebay Business

Since I have had such great results selling discounted clothes from yard sales and Goodwill on Ebay, I have decided to keep it up a little while longer.  Which means that I needed to find somewhere to put all the  great items I find.  Being that our storage space is scarce, I needed to make the most of the space I do have.  When I cleaned out the Master Closet at the beginning of the year I was actually left with some empty shelving so this became the perfect place for my little eBay hussle.

009

The three top bins are for items that I need to list, that have sold and that need to be shipped (yep, I need to label that last bin, oops)

The large paisley bag from Thirty One is where I put all the items that have been listed.  You wouldn’t believe how much stuff this bag holds, its great.

004

My shipping station is the small organizing bag, also from Thirty One. I put all the supplies I need for my eBay business in this tote so everything is in one place.  It holds my shipping envelopes, packaging tape, scissors, tissue paper, and measuring tape.

007

I was a little worried that the scissors would make a hole in the mesh on the side so I put them in a aluminum can which fits perfectly.  I should add some pretty paper on this can, huh.

008

In the few short months I’ve been selling on eBay I’ve learned a few things

  • Starting the sale on Sunday results in more bids, I guess this is because more people have time to spend shopping over the weekend.
  • If it doesn't sell the first time Relist at least four times before you give up on a sale.
  • Take good pictures that capture the true color and texture of the item.
  • Include the measurements in the listing.
  • and most importantly ship on time and be honest about the condition of the item you want to receive good feedback.

If you are interested in looking at the items for sale take a look here.

7 comments:

  1. Don't you love the large utility totes, I have about 7 of them, no joke. I LOVE them!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice!I have a few items I wanted to get rid of maybe I will try my hand at it.I have been browsing your organization post very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping in from my Dear Trash. Love the way you organized stuff. Right now I'm utilizing an extra room..and its crammed with junk. A set up like this could work for me. I love reselling 31 items. The last thing I bought though..I kept for myself.

    www.momspaycheck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tote bags.

    I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
    I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
    Hope to see you soon.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
    come strut your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need you to come to my house and organize, great job.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came by way of My Dear Trash. You've done great for such limited storage. I'm luck in that I have a walk-in closet for my eBay "hussle" (love it!) but am still not as organized as you are. I love selling trash too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...