Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quick Clean Routine

 

When I got back to work yesterday from over the weekend my co-worker asked me what I did.  My response was we took little man to the movies and I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning.  Well if you read about the recent chaos in our house you might be wondering what type of cleaning did I do.  I think I washed, dried, folded, and put away 6 loads of laundry, I mopped all the floors downstairs, vacuumed that little strip of carpet in the family room, washed dishes, and more dishes, cleaned toilets and the list could go on and on. 

The weekend should not be spent in a cleaning frenzy, but spent relaxing and having fun.  In the past if I go away for the weekend the next weekend is spent doing nothing but domestic duties.  This got me to thinking about what I could do to free up my Saturday from cleaning and be able to do some more fun things on my to-do list. 

It sounds so simple but, essentially if I do a little bit all week then on Saturday I should only have to do some quick pick ups and our house should be in order.  I think the key to this working will be a regular weekly rotation schedule so nothing is undone for more than a week.  While checking out the blog Simple Mom I found a great weekly cleaning list that will be perfect to help me stay on task.

A few other suggestions for keeping the house neat and tidy:

  • Remove shoes when you enter the house
  • When you see something that needs to be done, do it then and don’t wait.  It’s much easier to wipe up a spill when it happens instead of after it has dried.
  • Do a load of laundry a day.

One other thing that helps me when I need a bit of motivation to clean is to light a candle or tweak the decor, there’s something about redecorating that gets me in a cleaning mood.  How do you clean, what works for you?

2 comments:

  1. Good ideas. For many years, I always cleaned on Monday. I could do that because I could set my own work schedule. Lately, because we have our house for sale, I've been doing a simple daily routine & just throw in something major once a week. It has shown me that it can be done much easier that way. I love organizational anything, but was unable to view anything on the Simple Mom sight. Good luck on your projects.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need help with this. Some days I am great at reminding mself to clean as I go and taking care of things as they come up and others days I fail miserably. I need to go check out Simple Mom too. Your post has some great tips. Thank you! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...