Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Simplify

I have a 101 things going on it feels like and I am trying to juggle them all, trying being the operative word. At any rate I know that I need to simplify, declutter and introduce better structure in my life. Every corner I turn in my house it seems like I find something that needs a bit of organization, my hubby would just say you need to throw that s@#t away. I really am not a hoarder, but I do have a lot of stuff that could easily be sent to the Goodwill or to the trash bin.

One of my goals this year is to become better organized, but why. Did you know that clutter has a cost and often times its a big one?

  • Clutter causes you to feel stressed, overwhelmed and frustrated.
  • Clutter steals much needed storage space (If you have run out of storage space you have to much STUFF)
  • Clutter makes life harder because you spend more time looking, digging, and screaming to your family because neither of you can find what you need.
  • It takes a lot more time to clean when you have clutter.
  • If you cant find what you need, you have to repalce it.
  • Clutter takes away the calm, peace and joy of being at home.
I am ready to put some more action behind my words. For the next 40 days I am going to work my little butt off to rid our house of 40 bags of clutter in 40 days. Last year Sarah from Clover Lane completed this task in her home and had a great experience. I am sure that I can find 40 bags of stuff to get rid of. I've already decluttered our Master Closet, Bedroom Drawers, , Toys, and Junk Drawer during Toni's challenge early this year so I feel like I have some momentum going into the challenge.

Its my hope that by the end of the challenge my rooms will feel lighter and that we will be able to find everything that we need. This space is at the top of my declutter list


2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts about clutter. Amen to simplifying :)

    Btw, thank you for joining in our Swap Followings Linky party and helping make it a success! Hope you join us again next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am stressed, I always turn to de-cluttering. I always feel refreshed afterwards.
    Cortne
    cocoinmagnolia.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...