Tuesday, March 15, 2011

40 Bags in 40 Days (Update)

After being inspired by Sarah from Clover Lane, I am committed to getting rid of 40 bags of stuff from our home during the 40 days of Lent.  So far I went through the house and picked up things that I knew needed to go and tossed them into a big bag for Goodwill, see here is my proof.

004

Inside you will find a window valance, crib sheet, crib bed skirt, scrapbook paper that I didn’t use, and a couple of other items that I don’t even remember, I guess they really weren’t that important.  I also had a bag that I labeled Consignment, I figure I might as well try to make a few bucks in my simplification process.  I did give myself a few ground rules when it came to this pile.
  1. Item should be something that I would potentially have purchased at a consignment shop.
  2. Items must leave the house within a week and I can not go back to this pile and take stuff out.
So far these two simple rules worked very well and I took all of this stuff to consignment.

005 

Lets hope I make a few bucks to go towards my long home improvement list.  Do you eBay, consign, or just simply take all your discards to Goodwill?
2 bags down 38 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, I don't think I have enough stuff to fill 40 bags!!! Wait, maybe I do? It's just all shoved in our spare bedroom closet! :)

    Hope you're having a happy week!!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...