Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'm Backkkkkk


Its been a longgggg time since I've written a blog post, over a year to be exact. I apologize for leaving you hanging wondering what happened in my bathroom makeover.  Even though I wasn't technically blogging, I still found time to read my favorite blogs in between reading books such as Research Methods in Social Work, or Motivational Interviewing, just to name a few. That's right over the past year I completed my Master of Social Work degree from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill so I had very little time to complete projects and much less time to blog about it.  




Luckily for me I wasn't unemployed long and was able to secure a position that I absolutely love. Now that I have put away all those school books I hope to have more time to do have fun  getting my home organized, working on decorating my home and who knows what else. I do know that I have missed blogging and I look forward to reconnecting with all of you.  I think its only fair that I pick up where I left off and show you the current status of my Master Bathroom.

Here is a reminder of where I left you hanging....


And a reminder of my inspiration.....
  
mia bathroom after

So what did I do.......

  • Painted the oak cabinets with Valspar Opps paint. $5.00
  • Replaced the unframed mirror with two dark chocolate mirrors found on clearance at Lowes for $25.00 for both
  • Added hardware to the cabinets found on clearance at Target for $10.00
And this is what she looks like now......



What a difference paint, hardware and new mirrors make......and for less than $50.00






The blue on the wall looks much better with the chocolate brown on the cabinets than it did with the orangey oak, but I'm not convinced its going to stay. I definitely have to do something with this wall because I am not liking those pictures or the measly towel bar hanging below and the green rug doesn't work...



Its funny because I never really noticed that I didn't like these items until looking at the photos, so it is true a picture is worth a thousand words..  I am really liking the mirrors though



And just so you can really see the difference, here is some side by side action....




Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. As always its still a work in progress.....What was your favorite part of this transformation? 

Oh by the way I like to link up to parties so you might find me hanging out here....
SUNDAY


MONDAY


TUESDAY


WEDNESDAY


THURSDAY


FRIDAY


SATURDAY 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Masters! Great accomplishment!

    I love how your bathroom makeover turned out! It looks a lot like the inspiration picture! I can't believe that was less than $50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bathroom makeover! Looks great. Also, Congrats on your Masters! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy how I missed your last few posts. I had no idea you started blogging again. Congratulations on obtaining your Master's. So happy for you! Your bathroom looks great. I love that you used 2 mirrors instead of one large one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...