Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frugal Flowers



 I love the look of fresh flowers throughout my home, but I don't love the price tag of the ready made bouquets at the floral shops and I definitely suck at growing my own flowers. So whats a girl to do....GO TO WALMART. I picked up this beautiful mixed bouquet while grocery shopping...and for only $7.88



Now to find the perfect vase....Looked in my kitchen cabinets and found this beauty that I purchased for .99 at the local GoodWill....I love the green color and the circular indentions gives it a Pottery Barn look.



 Tip #1 DO NOT STICK THE BOUQUET IN THE VASE AS IS.
IF you do it will look a jumbled mess and will not have the necessary height variation that makes the floral shop bouquets look so great.  Instead hold each flower in front of your vase to determine where you should cut. I like to start with the tallest flower first, just like this.....


 Continue with the next flower......


and the next ones.......until you have something that resembles this


I put this arrangement on my dining room table.....



Tip #2 DO NOT USE ALL THE FLOWERS IN ONE VASE
Instead use the remaining flowers to make more arrangements... using the same process

I added the flowers on the left to my half bathroom downstairs


and the one on the right was added to my nightstand (forgot to take a photo of those, sorry)

So one $7.88 WALMART flower bouquet gave me THREE beautiful arrangements....I'd say that was money well spent.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...