Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kitchen Island

Hey guys, I havent forgot about this little ole blog, but I have been a very busy bee lately at work, home and school.  At any rate I am moving right along tweaking things in the kitchen.  I've purchased frames for the gallery wall and have been looking high and low for more inexpensive art choices.  Since I have that project under control, I'd like to get your opinion on what color to paint the small "island".  Currently its white, not the pretty ballet white on the cabinets, just a crisp basic white.  It stands out like a sore thumb and it needs a little makeover.  Here it is in the current state of whiteness

012

Kinda bland, right.  So my dilemma is what color to paint it.  What do you think? 

What about a pretty aqua color....

Source
Or maybe a bold, and sunny yellow


Source
Or should I play it safe and stick to white? 

Here is a close up of the fabric in the room.

[002[4].jpg]

Oh, by the way eventually I want my table and chairs to transform into something that resembles this.


Source unknown if you know please let me know

10 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for anything blue! plus, blue + grey (walls are grey, right?) will look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitchen curtains! They really brighten up your space! Good luck on deciding what to paint your island, my vote is for the pretty aqua color! I think it would look great with your wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the aqua! So pretty! I love those curtains!!! )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the aqua would be lovely! Thanks so much for your comments on our bathroom - I see we DO have similar styles! I'm dying over those curtains (from tablecloths, right?).

    I love the aqua, but if you wanted to try something even more outside the box, Joi has such a pretty pink island that might inspire you: http://daveandjoi.blogspot.com/2010/07/kitchen-island-project-completed.html

    Looking forward to hearing what you choose.
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your opinions. Meredith, I really love Joi's island especially the top and her farmhouse table is also beautiful. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that blue color! Very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen is looking great!
    I do love the aqua color--but my advice would be to paint it the same color as your cabinets and either spraypaint or replace the hardware on the island with the aqua color--that way if you get sick of aqua, it's easier to change out the knobs than repaint the island... You could even place a few aqua and bright yellow accent pieces on top of your island for more 'pop'.

    Whatever you decide--it'll look fab!
    Erika~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good point Erika. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the aqua!

    (And I really like your curtains.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm lovin' that aqua! I think you can't go wrong with a little color! If you don't like it, white paint is easy to find. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...