Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Longest Bedroom Redo EVER!!!

Wayyyyy back last year in January I teased you with my Master Bedroom update and left you hanging with this before shot.   

Before
I can not believe that we lived with that yellow/gold color for 5 years, what were we thinking.  Thinking back about it I realized that I was waiting to paint until I had new furniture, new linens, new whatever so instead of making it somewhat better, I left it alone and lived with it.  After a coat of paint, some craigslist furniture, new King sized mattress, and bedding it looks ten times better.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

 011 012

If you look closely you will notice the absense of a bedskirt. This bedding was a bed in the bag, but I didnt want it to look so matchy matchy so I am looking for the perfect bedskirt.

013


Looking at the room in pictures I can definately see the need for a headboard, I'm thinking about finding a thrift store treasure and giving it a coat of white paint, or perhaps a DIY upholstered one. 

014
019

This is the only "artwork" in the entire room, I gotta fix that.

015

You see all that stuff in the corner.  Thats my staging area for all of my ebay sells and see that orange planter and Home Goods bag, I plan to use those contents real soon.  If I can ever get the extra closet cleaned out this stuff can go in there and a nice seating arrangement can go here.

I thought about not showing this room because it isnt finished (none of my rooms are), but figured most of us arent finished with rooms anyway and are constantly tweaking things.  I was reminded by Nester that it doesnt have to be perfect to be beautiful and hope that you see the beauty in the room and not my long to-do list which includes:

drapes
headboard
art for the walls
leaning mirror
new carpet
new pillows
sitting arrangement

So how do you like it?  What would you do in this room?

Linking up to the WOW Party over here!

Savvy Southern Style

10 comments:

  1. That brown color is so much better. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with the big improvements of your kitchen and bedroom. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Btw, I'm a new follower and I hope you'll choose to follow back for more mutual blog visits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Yellow is my favorite color, but I really love your brown walls. here's the link to where I purchased my dining room chair fabric...

    http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=78d2951c-5067-4e7d-b9f1-dfe2b56b1116

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the middle of a master bedroom makeover! my wall behind my bed is Exactly like yours! for years I have been trying to think of what to put on that wall! I think I may have a great idea for it. I will be posting my master bedroom makeover in a couple weeks, come on over sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for visiting bovagoods and leaving a comment! i'm so glad you stopped by. ;) i love how big your pictures are on your blog. i haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. they always get way too big for me. i am looking forward to looking around bee focused!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pillows on the bed!!! Great job with the color on the walls. Very pretty! By the way, thanks for visitng me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great transformation!! You must be so thrilled every time you walk in the room. It's so peaceful and calming now. LOVE it!!! Rebecca p.s. Thanks for your sweet comments on my B&B. I can't wait to see if you add it to your family room. I'm following you now in anticipation. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Great job on your bedroom redo!
    I stumbled across you blog from another blog ;0)

    I did notice that your blog has no header--and I think a blog as nice as yours deserves one ;0)

    I'm a graphic designer and it's a little pet peeve of mine to not see a header...LOL!
    I was asking the Lord how I could bless someone today--and the opportunity presented itself, so I've made up a header and a matching background for your blog. It's free, no strings attached.
    If you'd like me to send it to you, just email me and let me know.
    herwittywisdom (at) gmail.com
    Have a blessed day,
    Erika~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy smokes! That is MUCH better! The brown is so much mellower and softer than that yellow was. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...