Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Don't tell me I've gained weight, I think I already know!

If I had a dollar for everytime someone has said to me in the past few months "you've put on some weight haven't you", or my favorite "are you expecting", I would have enough money for the new stainless steel appliances I want from Lowes.  Yes I have put on weight, and no I'm not expecting, I realize this and I really don't need you to ask, Its obvious to me when I look in the mirror and step on the scale.

I could take the easy way out and blame it all on having a baby, but that was almost 7 years ago.  Granted I did gain weight, but  most of it was easily lost after a year of breastfeeding.  Why then have I gained weight, its simple I dont excersise and I have a hard time eating healthy.  I dont pig out on fast food, but sodas, sweets, and pasta are really really hard to turn down. 

I have a gym membership, but I dont go to the gym (no time is my excuse), I have the new EA sports active 2 game for the Wii and I have never even used it (i'm to tired is my excuse), I did the 30 day shred workout, but Jillian kicked my butt so bad the first day, I never wanted to try it again.  I'm really considering weight watchers, because it has worked for soooo many people that I know, but is it really worth it.  I only have about 25-30 pounds that I want to loose, definately a reasonable goal, but how do I get started.

Any of you wanting to loose weight?  What motivates you? 


1 comment:

  1. What kind of person asks you if you have gained weight? That's terrible.

    For me, I had to get to the point that I wanted to get healthy and would not make excuses. I have been making excuses since I got married. One day I woke up and thought, enough! It's been 3 months and now I go to the gym. Period. Some days I don't feel like it, but I'm always glad I did. Ryan and I are on the same page about it and he's super supportive of it. I feel better and look better, too.

    I've also started to keep only healthy foods at home and food for quick and healthy meals. I still have more work to do in that area, but it helped a lot.

    My opinion is that the time spent with Weight Watchers would probably be really effective, but I would also make sure to carve out time to exercise. It makes such a difference in my attitude and eating right comes easier, too. =)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...