Friday, January 24, 2014

Happy New Year, I'm Backkkkkkk

I logged into my blog and can hardly believe its been almost one year since I wrote a post.......A lot has happened since then.  I won't bore you with all the details, but I'm at a point that I'm ready to blog again and feel that I actually have  something to say....

It was around the time that I stopped blogging last year that I had the biggest scare of my life.  My mom who is my best friend had a tumor removed from her brain, praise God that it wasn't cancerous. However during the surgery she had what we think was a stroke and went from being totally independent to having to learn to walk, talk, and do all the other activities of  daily living. She spent several weeks in the hospital followed by weeks on inpatient and outpatient rehab. We are so blessed that she has made remarkable improvements and after six months of being out of work she was able to return to her job and is able to drive and do all the things she use to do. She really has come a long way....Her attitude was so positive throughout the entire time and I could see her faith. When she was in rehab I bought her this shirt, I thought it was very fitting for her.




Some of the other highlights from 2013 were taking my first cruise. My boo took me and my son along with his two boys to the Bahamas for 4 days, talk about a nice vacation.





In the fall we went on a weekend getaway without the kids to the Mountains of North Carolina, it was sooooo relaxing and a much needed break from reality.... It was simply breathtaking and the weather was great...




My little man and I completed our first 5K the Color Me Rad, and it was sooooo much fun and we cant wait to do it again next year.....I need to break out the running shoes again, but its sooooo cold here in NC. It was 11 degrees this morning and the high didn't make it out of the teens.....


I am looking forward to 2014 being a great year, I've got so much to accomplish and I can't wait to share it with all of you along the way....

Speaking of accomplishment, I need to get this Christmas stuff taken down this weekend...Dont judge my Christmas decor is still up. I dread taking it all down. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news about your mom! Your family it's so blessed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...