Sunday, June 12, 2011

You Can Accomplish A Lot in 60 Minutes

 

I don't know about you, but having a tidy home consistently is harddddd work.  Don’t get me wrong, our home isn’t dirty by any means, but our house feels like its in a state of disorganization.  Even though we don't get a lot of unexpected visitors, I would love for our home to be presentable in the event someone comes by unannounced.  Furthermore it would be nice not to have to clean like a crazy lady when I have people over.  Typically my cleaning is done on Saturday and sometimes Sunday, so I never feel like I have a weekend. 

I decided to give myself a little challenge last week and see how much cleaning, picking up, and putting away I could accomplish in 1 hour of focused work.

In 60 minutes I was able to change the linen on little mans bed, clean his bathroom, start a load of clothes, fold and put away 3 loads of clothes that had taken residence on the guest room bed, vacuum the Master Bedroom, Little Mans Room, and the Guest Junk Room. 

I’m tired just thinking about it, but I was so focused on seeing how much I could get done that it was actually kinda fun.

My little man loves to sleep with all of these animals, I actually have to tuck them in too at night. 

039

Yes, this is in the guest room, the before is horrible

 038 

The after is much better, but still not exactly “good” , I’m waiting for these baby items to sell on Craigslist, hopefully soon.   Maybe one day I will transform this room into something more guest appropriate.

 040

All that vacuuming wouldn't have been possible without my favorite cleaning tool, Mr... Dyson.

041

It really sucks, see what I mean

042

I don't think I will ever go back to another vacuum, me and Mr... Dyson are friends for life. 

Have you ever gave yourself a cleaning challenge?

2 comments:

  1. your son's room reminds me a lot of my son's room! now that my kids are older they help out a lot with household chores. which makes keeping a clean house a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like creating challenges like this. It usually gets me to do more work than I normally would. I might need to start a cleaning one. Saturday my boyfriend informed me that he invited our friends over to BBQ, so I did the mad dash around the house picking up messes! If only my house was clean to begin with...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...