Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Organize Now (Week 1)

I have so much going on in my life, that I often forget to do, to call, to pay, to make, to email and seriously need to get myself organized and NOW!  Jennifer Ford Berry's book Organize Now is just the book to help me organize my life.

I was acutally kind of shocked when I read this weeks challenge, because it doesnt invole cleaning our junk drawers, closet or paper piles.  Instead the challenge this week is Organizing your mind!  When you think about it, it really makes sense.  Before we can truly organize our "stuff" we must be mentally organized.  This week I will be de-cluttering my mind, wanna join me.

Week 1 Goals

Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night

I try to go to bed no later than 11 each night and wake up around 7, thats eight hours of sleep.  However, I often wake up during the night and my sleep is broken up.  Many mornings I wake up tired and because I wake up later than needed I find myself rushing to get ready for the day. 

Keep a To-Do List 

My list can be found in a small journal scored from the Michael's dollar spot.  I love the feeling of marking through something on the list.  I found this really neat Daily Docket sheet here that would be handy to use.  I really like that it has you list 3 Most Important Tasks (MIT's) to focus on for the day.

Start a Journal 

I use to journal all the time, its so nice to clear your mind and put it all down on paper.

Limit TV  

I dont watch a whole lot of TV, but I do have my favorites that I watch each week.  I use to be addicted to General Hospital and Young and the Restless, but have weaned myself from these for the most part.
Schedule Breaks (for yourself)


Break, whats that.  I'm constantly doing something most of the time. 
Pray/Meditate

This is another area of my life that needs work.  I pray before meals and sadly I find that I pray more when I need something.  Scheduling time to focus on prayer and allowing God to speak to me would be soooo very beneficial.  I also need to do a better job of praying with my little boy and teaching him the importance of prayer.  How to you schedule your prayer life?  Any strategies you find helpful in teaching your kids about God and prayer?

Exercise

Yeah right, I never exercise.  I guess thats why I have put on 20 pounds in the last 2 years.  I have the tools, just need to use them.  I started the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels but after 1 day I quit.  It was soooo intense for my unfit self, but after seeing these before and after pictures maybe I should give it a try again.

Schedule “me time”

I'm sure this would help me and everyone else around me feel better and help me recharge.  Do you have "me time"?  Sometimes I will sneak off to the GoodWill by myself or HomeGoods to browse in peace. 

De-clutter

This is an ongoing project for me.  I am finding it so freeing to get rid of stuff.  My finances drive me crazy so this is one area that I am working on de-cluttering.  I am working on having a yard sale so its a little easier to part with stuff if I am making some money in the process.  Things that I would like to make a little more money on are listed on ebay or craigslist.

My bloggy friend Erin told me that Bonnie has a entire series devoted to this book.  You should definitely check it out.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this book! It seriously got me motivated and cleaning stuff out! I realized that most of the stuff I have is just STUFF! :) Good luck with your organization! :) Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I didn't find your blog via SITS but I am glad to have found another SITS girls. This post was particularly funny to me because I have an addiction to Y&R as well. I dvr it everyday and try to keep up with it. I couldn't imagine giving it up so big kudos to you for becoming free :) Im your newest follower and I will definitely be back. You have some great practical advice and your home is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...