Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Transition Your Home for Spring

Spring is in the air, well really here in North Carolina its going to be almost 70 degrees and rainy today, but tomorrow its going to be in the 50's. At any rate I am channeling the warmer weather and saying goodbye to winter.

With the change of the season, so should your home's wardrobe so to speak. You know we change how we dress for the seasons, so our home should as well.

I'm not what you would consider a seasonal decorator except for the Christmas holiday, but I do try to lighten and brighten between seasons.

So how can you transition into Spring without breaking the bank. I know some people who have bedding, and curtains that they switch out with the seasons, for me personally I haven't gotten to that point, maybe one day. I have come to the conclusion that you don't have to redecorate your entire home to transition from season to season. Just a few key changes will have you seeing Spring in your home in no time and for little money.

ADD A NEW WREATH TO YOUR DOOR


I loved my Pottery Barn Inspired wreath that I made years ago. Read about how I made it here.


 
It didn't survive after last season, so I'm getting ready to DIY something different.


ADD A FRESH SCENT


After being closed up for the winter, adding a citrus or fruity fragrance can make a difference.  I really like the Bath and Body Works Candles, Pineapple Mango smells soooo good. And they are on sale 2 for $22 and if you find a coupon that would be a super deal.

 ADD FLOWERS


Fresh flowers make any room feel complete. I like to buy a bunch from the grocery store and make several arrangements out of one, just like this arrangement.









SWITCH OUT YOUR PILLOWS


Pillows are a quick relatively inexpensive way to change a room. I really like these.

World Market


Target

Target


and last but probably the most important is to

CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN


Now is the time to declutter and scrub everything down. A clean house always makes me feel better. What about you how do you transition your home between seasons.




4 comments:

  1. Love this. I've done pretty much everything already, but I do want to get some new pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I really like your blog, I will have to start following! I need to spring up my home now too! I would love to make a new wreath for my front door. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - I always feel better when my house is clean! This reminds me that I need to change the wreath on my front door! I still have my winter/pine cone one hanging. I ordered a set of boxwood wreaths last week, so hopefully they show up soon and I can make that change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebstar Award on my blog under the post "Hand Hugs and Nominations". Hope you're doing well.
    Adrienne
    http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...