Monday, February 17, 2014

Expand your wardrobe using inspiration pictures



Remember when I told you guys about my struggle to find work outfits, it was super helpful to use these inspiration pictures, it really made getting dressed in the morning much faster...


 All of the outfits were super easy to put together and just because I didn't have the exact item it really didn't matter because my goal wasn't an exact replica, but to use what I already have to create something new.

 OUTFIT #
Inspiration: J's Everyday Fashion

                           
 I really prefer the scarves from the inspiration pictures and despite having a bunch of scarfs I didn't have one that came even close to what was used in the inspiration picture, but that's okay the point isn't to copy the outfit exactly, but to use it as inspiration.

Skirt: JCrew from Goodwill
Shirt: Gap
Scarf: Pier one gifted to me at Christmas
Tights:  Target
Boots:  Nordstrom Sam Edleman Penny Boots

  OUTFIT #2
 
 I initially tried this outfit with a brighter orange cardigan, but it felt too much like I was dressing for Halloween, so I switched it out for a more coral tone version.  By the way that black dot you see on my chest is a Stella and Dot necklace but you can't really see the silver chain in the picture.



Inspiration: Favorlista

Denim Trousers: New York and Company
Polka Dot Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Cardigan: Goodwill
Watch: Michael Kors
Necklace: Stella and Dot


OUTFIT #3

This outfit  just put together myself, no inspiration at all.  Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.



Shirt: Old Navy
Pants: Ann Taylor Loft Leggings
Sweater: Have no idea the tag is off
Boots: Boc

Whatcha think, how did I do? Do you use inspiration pictures to "expand" your wardrobe.

pleated poppy

2 comments:

  1. These outfits are so cute, I love the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job using your inspiration photos! Love your version of the first one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...